[Question #141904]: Eigenproblem for integral operator

New question #141904 on DOLFIN:

Hi,

I am looking for a way to implement an integral operator in Python/Dolfin of the following form:

Carleman operator Q : L^2 -> L^2
Given: an integral kernel q(x,y), where q is symmetric q(x,y) = q(y,x)

For u in L^2 the integral operator Q is given by
[Qu](x) = \int q(x,y) u(y) dy

In particular, I am interested in determing the eigenvalues and eigenfunctions of Q, i.e.

Qu = \lambda u

Thus, for a finite element approximation I need the matrix

\int \int q(x,y) u(x) v(y) dy dx

where u and v are the trial and test function, respectively.

I am new to Dolfin and sorry if there already is an answer to this question.

Thank you for any help!

Raphael