[Question #143060]: cahn-hilliard demo does not work

New question #143060 on DOLFIN:

I tried the Cahn-Hilliard demo.  It works fine on my macbook but when running it on a fresh installation of fenics on Ubuntu 10.04.1 I get the following error:

stig@math-pc65:~/cahn-hilliard$ python demo2.py
Calling FFC just-in-time (JIT) compiler, this may take some time.
Calling FFC just-in-time (JIT) compiler, this may take some time.
Got expression dimension = 0
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "demo2.py", line 66, in <module>
    u.interpolate(u_init)
  File "demo2.py", line 20, in eval
    values[1] = 0.0
IndexError: index out of bounds
stig@math-pc65:~/cahn-hilliard$

The poisson demo works fine on this machine.