Re: [Branch ~dolfin-core/dolfin/main] Rev 5592: Add some asserts

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 01:45:29PM -0800, Johan Hake wrote:
> Speaking of asserts...
>
> I just want to re-iterate the feature request from Joachim about using
> exception instead than assert, as an assert will crash a Python session. I
> think we had a dolfin_assert that did that a while ago.
>
> Why was this removed?

Not sure why it was removed. I think we concluded that we might as
well use the regular assert instead of our own.

If there are advantages with using our own assert then we can add it
back.

Let's wait for Garth to comment, I suspect he's the one who removed
dolfin_assert.