Re: [Merge] lp:~jobh/dolfin/python into lp:dolfin

Joachim!

Thanks for the numpy.isscalar patch. I wonder if you know if this is related
to a bug in Python2.6 together with numpy? As there really should not be a
reason for

  isinstance(float128(1.), float)

to be False. I have implemented our own IsInteger function in the SWIG layer
(not exposed to Python) for checking integer types in typemaps for this
particular reason.

I read somewhere (cannot remember where now) that Python2.6 introduced a more
efficient way of checking for int and float types, which the numpy guys where
not aware of, so some of the tests failed. However I also read that this
should be fixed in Python2.7.

Johan

On Friday January 28 2011 15:00:02 Joachim Haga wrote:
> Joachim Haga has proposed merging lp:~jobh/dolfin/python into lp:dolfin.
>
> Requested reviews:
>   DOLFIN Core Team (dolfin-core)
>
> For more details, see:
> https://code.launchpad.net/~jobh/dolfin/python/+merge/47876
>
> Changes and cleanups to the python layer

Follow ups