Re: [Question #143195]: How do I express local condensation in Dolfin?

Question #143195 on DOLFIN changed:

Anders Logg proposed the following answer:
On Tue, Feb 01, 2011 at 05:48:10PM -0000, David Ham wrote:
> Question #143195 on DOLFIN changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/dolfin/+question/143195

> David Ham is still having a problem:
> Thanks Kent, this is a useful insight into part of the problem.
>
> In the example you gave, the variable which is eliminated is in a
> continuous space and, if I understand the code correctly, you use mass
> lumping to invert the mass matrix in the Schur compliment.
>
> However this doesn't indicate how one would do this in the DG case for
> which the mass can be directly inverted. So I guess the direct question
> is, is there a way in Dolfin assembling the inverse of the local tensor?
> Ie something like:
>
> assemble(inverse(u*v*dx))

No, not currently but it would be relatively easy to add if we
conclude that it's important enough to complicate the assembler with
the extra code (which would be to check a flag and then call something
like Armadillo to do the inversion in-place).