Re: [Question #143195]: How do I express local condensation in Dolfin?

On 02/01/2011 09:36 PM, Kent-Andre Mardal wrote:
Question #143195 on DOLFIN changed:

Kent-Andre Mardal proposed the following answer:
On 1 February 2011 18:48, David Ham
<question143195@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

Question #143195 on DOLFIN changed:

David Ham is still having a problem:
Thanks Kent, this is a useful insight into part of the problem.

In the example you gave, the variable which is eliminated is in a
continuous space and, if I understand the code correctly, you use mass
lumping to invert the mass matrix in the Schur compliment.

However this doesn't indicate how one would do this in the DG case for
which the mass can be directly inverted. So I guess the direct question
is, is there a way in Dolfin assembling the inverse of the local tensor?
Ie something like:

assemble(inverse(u*v*dx))

Many thanks,

David

Nope, you could however create the matrix yourself in various ways, eg. by
running over the mesh
with an assemble like function. Or, the best option is of course to add it
to UFL. Depends on your perspective.

Just FYI, LocalAssembler assembles a (bilinear) form over basis functions restricted to a single cell.

--
Marie