Fwd: Buildbots

[missed the list]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Johannes Ring <johannr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 9:25 AM
Subject: Re: [Dolfin] Buildbots
To: Joachim Berdal Haga <jobh@xxxxxxxxx>

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 9:02 AM, Joachim Berdal Haga <jobh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > This is really nice! Are we using the same machines as for the present
>> > buildbots? Could be pretty crowded...
>>
>> Don't know, perhaps we only get one machine each... :-) Let's see what
>> Johannes can put together.

We might need some more slaves...

> Could be an idea to use ccache on the buildbots, that really helps with
> repeated builds.

The buildbots has always used ccache.

> (seems that cmake doesn't pick ccache up automatically even
> if it's first in the PATH, you have to set CXX=/usr/lib/ccache/g++
> explicitly).

This works automatically for me (on Ubuntu) because g++ points to
/usr/lib/ccache/g++:

 $ which g++
 /usr/lib/ccache/g++

>  Also, scaling down the slowest demos and maybe let the regression test
> runner be threaded might cut down the check time a lot.

Yes, that might be a good idea. We could also cut down on the number
of builds. For instance we can do only one build with all optional
packages turned off and one build with all optional packages turned
on.

The first user specific buildbot is up (and has been since yesterday):

 http://www.fenicsproject.org:8081/

This buildbot builds Garth's branch (lp:~dolfin-core/dolfin/wells).
Only one slave is currently connected and it does not trigger on
commits. This is a bit difficult to get right so one must press the
'force build' button for now.

Johannes