Re: [Question #144722]: plot solution in different time steps

Question #144722 on DOLFIN changed:

Melanie Jahny is still having a problem:
Sorry, the answer doesn't solve my problem
I don't create u and p in the time loop.
How can I make sure that u and p are always written to
the already existing object? I thought there's perhaps a
parameter I have to define in the split function...
Thanks for helping me!

V = VectorFunctionSpace(mesh, "CG", 2)
W = FunctionSpace(mesh, "CG", 1)

VW = V*W

(u,p) = TrialFunctions(VW)
(phi,psi) = TestFunctions(VW)

a = ...
L = ...
problem = VariationalProblem(a, L, bc)

while t < T + DOLFIN_EPS:

       (u,p) = problem.solve().split(deepcopy=True)

       u_prev.assign(u)
       t += dt

      plot(u, wireframe=False,title="velocity", rescale=False, axes=True)
      plot(p, wireframe=False,title="pressure", rescale=False, axes=True)