Re: [Branch ~dolfin-core/dolfin/main] Rev 5656: Fix refinement from Python.

On Wednesday February 9 2011 23:32:55 Anders Logg wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 04:40:19PM -0800, Johan Hake wrote:
> > Nice fix!
> >
> > I thought we needed to introduce shared_ptr versions of refinements call.
> > But I realise this fix only work for SWIG 2.0. As all shared_ptr_foo are
> > renamed to foo.
> >
> > We need to add an extra layer of %rename/%ignore for the SWIG 2.0 case.
> >
> > I can do this. But again it introduces another layer of complexity you
> > mention in your other post.
>
> That didn't seem to work. The buildbot now says:
>
> File
> "/home/fenicsslave/jhbuildbot/fenics/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dolfin/mes
> h/refine.py", line 30, in refine
>   return mesh.child_shared_ptr()
> TypeError: in method 'HierarchicalMesh_child_shared_ptr', argument 1
> of type 'dolfin::Hierarchical< dolfin::Mesh > *'
>
> What does that mean? mesh.child_shared_ptr() should return a
> shared_ptr to an object of class T (in this case Mesh), which it does
> in the C++ interface. It should not return a pointer to an object of
> class Hierarchical<T>.

It is related to the "fix" Garth introduced. He used foo_shared_ptr, but that
one does not work for SWIG < 2.0. These methods are now ignored or renamed for
all SWIG versions, and everything should be well and fine for both versions of
SWIG.

Good night!