Parmetis issues

Greetings
I am trying to get dolfin to work on one of our supercomputers and was
running into some problems. Everything is fine on a single processor
but things break down when I try to use more:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "buster.py", line 14, in <module>
    mesh = UnitCube(100, 100, 100)
  File "/work/01125/yye00/FEniCS/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dolfin/cpp.py",
line 8197, in __init__
    _cpp.UnitCube_swiginit(self,_cpp.new_UnitCube(*args))
RuntimeError: *** Error: ParMETIS::compute_partition requires ParMETIS

I have tried using static and shared parmetis libraries (and recompile
dolfin) but that did not make a difference. I made sure the correct
header files are where they need to be. The package list I am using
looks as follows:

PACKAGES=(
python
numpy
scipy
scientificpython
armadillo
gmp
boost
cgal
parmetis
swig
cln
ginac
swiginac
mtl
trilinos
scotch
fiat
ferari
ufc
ufl
ffc
scons
syfi
viper
instant
petsc
slepc
dolfin
)

I know i am overdoing it with the packages but I just wanted to try
things out. Any advice/recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Regards
Yaakoub El Khamra