Re: [Question #147820]: how to read out data arrayfrom unstructured mesh(advection-diffusion demo)

in python, I use this to read in a vtu file to an array:
this doesn't need the GetArray("name")

# -------------------------------------------------
import vtk as v
from enthought.tvtk import array_handler as ah

datareader = v.vtkXMLUnstructuredGridReader()
datareader.SetFileName(filename)
datareader.Update()

data = datareader.GetOutput()
# if you have a vector (e.g. velocity):
vtk_values = data.GetPointData().GetVectors()
# if you have a scalar:
# vtk_values = data.GetPointData().GetScalars()

# this is convenient to convert vtkarrays to numpy arrays
solution = ah.vtk2array(data)

regards,
patrick