Re: SWIG 2.0.2

On Thursday March 10 2011 11:21:51 Garth N. Wells wrote:
> On 10/03/11 19:17, Johan Hake wrote:

> >> I've added them all.
> >
> > Ok that might be what we want eventually. If you have completely added
> > all of these classes we can removed
> >
> >   IMPLEMENT_VARIABLE_INTERFACE
> >
> > for swig version >= 2.0.

> >> Turns out that the real problem is with uint. SWIG gets confused with
> >> shared_ptr and templates instaniated with dolfin::uint and unsigned int.
> >
> > Yes this corresponds to my experiences. I found that I cannot use
> > typedefs for declarations of shared_ptr classes. Therfore I have insane
> > long shared_ptr declarations for the two boost matrix classes.
>
> The problem is that that I use 'unsigned int' in the shared_ptr
> declaration, but then SWIG gets confused if dolfin:uint is used in the
> DOLFIN interface, i.e. MeshFunction<uint>. Changing to 'unsigned int' on
> the DOLFIN C++ side, things go smoother.

Ok, I cannot recall having this particular problem. It looks like the
shared_ptr features in SWIG needs better type recognition.

Are you sure you do not just have to change:

  DECLARE_MESHFUNCTION(MESHFUNCTION,dolfin::uint,UInt)

  DECLARE_MESHFUNCTION(MESHFUNCTION,unsigned int,UInt)

in mesh_post.i?

Johan