Re: [Question #148679]: dofmap.max_local_dimension() removed?

Question #148679 on DOLFIN changed:

Anders Logg proposed the following answer:
On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 09:24:15AM -0000, Jørgen Myre wrote:
> New question #148679 on DOLFIN:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/dolfin/+question/148679
>
> I'm working with code developed for the cbc.rans-package (https://launchpad.net/cbc.rans), and using dolfin 0.9.10 I have encountered this error:
>
> (copied from ipython interface)
> (V is a FunctionSpace or VectorFunctionSpace)
>
>     117         dofmap = V.dofmap()
> --> 118         n = dofmap.max_local_dimension()
>
> AttributeError: 'GenericDofMap' object has no attribute 'max_local_dimension'
>
> I am told this is because 'max_local_dimension' is a variable in dolfin 0.9.9, but removed in 0.9.10.  How can I get the same variable for dolfin 0.9.10?

I don't know why this was removed in 0.9.10. I think we can just add
it back (unless there's a good reason for deleting I'm not aware of).

In the meantime, you should be able to change the above code to

  n = V.element().space_dimension()