Re: Constructing your own mesh vertices/cells

Johan,

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 5:21 PM, Johan Hake <johan.hake@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Monday March 14 2011 04:36:29 Neilen Marais wrote:
> If you have an already tetrahedralized structure, typically given by a
> coordinate array and an array of conductivities between cells and vertices,
> you can use MeshEditor. That is what MeshEditor really is for.

> I think the advice of not using MeshEditor is when you use it to construct the
> vertices and connectivities by hand.

I guess I'm just worrying about performance in python, since I would
have to do one method call for each vertex and one for each tet. I may
be prematurely optimising here, but IIRC even method calls to SWIG
wrapped C++ classes have a fair amount of overhead. Since I already
have the vertex coordinates and cell -> vertex connectivity data in
arrays, it is obviously much faster to just stuff them directly into
the dolfin structures?

> Johan

Best regards
Neilen