Re: [Question #148708]: Switched from Windows 7 -> Ubuntu to run FEniCS

Question #148708 on DOLFIN changed:

Kyle Williston is still having a problem:
Okay the program you suggested does work if I initially load up Python
as Johannes suggested and manually type in the lines. I am confused as
to why it will not work running directly from the terminal (as I have
done it with other non-dolfin practice python programs). The reason I
decided to run programs directly from the terminal is that I was unsure
how to change the path python searches for files. I'd like to be able to
put all my scripts into the folder ~/bin for example.