[Question #149376]: Perfect conducting BCs for Nedelec Elements

New question #149376 on DOLFIN:

With Nedelec curl elements of the 1st kind it is easy (on paper) to specify a perfect
conducting BC: You just want E cross n = 0, where E is the electric field and n the
normal vector on the boundary. This can be done by setting the values of some of
the degrees of freedom of the Nedelec elements on the boundary to zero.

My question is this: Is there an (easy) way to do this in FEniCS?

(I am a FEniCS novice but am very willing to make this work  with some hints from
an expert.)

More generally what about asking for E cross n = F, where F is a given vector field?

Note that the condition is an implicit one on E and so I doubt it can be handled by the standard
DirichletBC mechanism. In addition, you can't play the game of setting E=n as is done
in one of the examples  on the FEniCS website, since that pins down the length of E.

Thanks!

John