Re: Using SLEPc 3.1 with dolfin in Ubuntu 10.10

Hi Neilen,

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Neilen Marais <nmarais@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After a recent discussion on this list about the shift-invert mode of
> eigen solution it was suggested that I upgrade to SLEPc 3.1 in order
> to use its improved shift-invert functionality. Is this possible to
> simply install SLEPc 3.1 from srouce and ust it with the FEniCS binary
> packages from the ppa, or will I need to re-build the FEniCSs
> packages?

Yes, you will need to rebuild DOLFIN. The easiest is probably to let
Dorsal build everything for you. Please see the web page [1] for
instructions on how to use Dorsal.

BTW, SLEPc 3.1 is included in the upcoming version of Ubuntu, so this
will not be problem there.

[1] http://www.fenicsproject.org/installation/installation.html#automated-installation-using-dorsal

Johannes