[Question #152620]: Import of dolfin in Python fails with MPI error

New question #152620 on DOLFIN:

Hi,

I recently upgraded to the beta of Ubuntu 11.04.

The following error now occurs when I run dolfin scripts or even just import dolfin for an interactive session:

  python -c "import dolfin"
  *** The MPI_comm_size() function was called before MPI_INIT was invoked.
  *** This is disallowed by the MPI standard.
  *** Your MPI job will now abort.
  [xpsy:21855] Abort before MPI_INIT completed successfully; not able to guarantee that all other processes were killed!

I have reinstalled fenics from the PPA as well as all the required libraries (openmpi). Any other ideas on what to try?

Thanks for the effort

Evan Lezar