Re: [Question #152620]: Import of dolfin in Python fails with MPI error

Question #152620 on DOLFIN changed:

Evan Lezar posted a new comment:
Johannes,

As I am using the ppa installation, I am not able to simply rebuild. Or
do you mean that you rebuild the packages in the ppa?

After some more searching on the web, I came across the following post:

http://osdir.com/ml/debian-bugs-dist/2011-04/msg01041.html

where it seems that the problem may lie in pyTrilinos. I have just
installed mpi4py on my system and now:

 from mpi4py import *
 import dolfin

does not give any error.

 python -c "import dolfin" still gives the error however.

I should note that this is on a clean install of Ubuntu 11.04 where the
first thing that I did after performing an update was to add the fenics
ppa and install fenics.

Should I file a bug on this?