Re: [Question #152914]: onedimensional derivatives

Question #152914 on DOLFIN changed:

Kristian B. Ølgaard posted a new comment:
On 15 April 2011 10:53, Martin Sandve Alnæs <martinal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Change grad(T) to T.dx(0), i.e. derivative in a single direction.
> Maybe we should make grad work like .dx(0) in 1D.

I think that would be a good idea.
When testing stuff in 1D (which is intended for 2D and 3D) I find it
annoying to change back and forth between grad() and .dx(0).

Kristian