Re: placement of meshconverter.py

On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 12:51:37PM -0700, Johan Hake wrote:
> Hello!
>
> While doing some cleanup in the site-package directory I stumbled over the
> meshconvert modules which resides in the dolfin subdirectory. I think it
> should reside in dolfin_utils instead of in the dolfin directory.

What should the distinction be between dolfin and dolfin_utils? It was
originally created as a module for code for which it was important
that it didn't depend on DOLFIN being installed. But I guess it would
also work to say that dolfin_utils is a directory for code that does
not depend on DOLFIN (C++ wrappers + add-ons).

A reason for keeping it in the dolfin module would be that the
converters could potentially depend on DOLFIN, say if the converters
were to import the mesh into DOLFIN and call order().