Re: [Question #153352]: project grad f to a VectorFunctionSpace

Question #153352 on DOLFIN changed:

Anders Logg proposed the following answer:
On Mon, Apr 18, 2011 at 09:33:56PM -0000, Chaffra wrote:
> Question #153352 on DOLFIN changed:
> https://answers.launchpad.net/dolfin/+question/153352
>
> Chaffra gave more information on the question:

Projecting to Q works for me, but as Martin points out, this is
something that has been fixed in the development version.

> I think I will treat the 1D case separately. By the way, what is the
> best way to test for the dimensionality of a mesh, m.topology.dim() or
> m.geometry().dim()?

Depends on what you want. The topological dimension is whether you
have intervals, triangles or tetrahedra. The geometric dimension is
the number of coordinates you have for the vertices. The boundary of a
3D tetrahedral mesh is a mesh with topological dimension 2 but
geometric dimension 3 (it's embedded in 3D).