[Question #155458]: control over mpirun

New question #155458 on DOLFIN:

Hi,

is it possible to get a better control over the parallel capabilities of Dolfin? I have the following in mind:

1) One of the meshes I am working with has some internal boundaries that would be canonical choices for splitting the mesh. But when I start the process with mpirun, the mesh is just split arbitrarily. Can I control the areas that are distributed to the different CPU kernels for example with a meshfunction?

2) I have a set of several time-dependent PDEs that live on different meshes. The assembling and solving processes in all the time steps could be done in parallel. Is it possible to do this?

Thank you!