[Question #158285]: grad f evaluation with C++

New question #158285 on DOLFIN:

In https://answers.launchpad.net/dolfin/+question/154756 ,  Chaffra is told to obtain a vector valued finite element function corresponding to the gradient of the function f by writing

 gf = project(grad(f)).

This yields a DOLFIN FE-function using the Python dolfin.fem.project function. I need to do the very same thing, but from C++, and am having trouble finding the corresponding functionality. Even a recursive, case insensitive grep for 'project' of /usr/include/dolfin yields nothing. Which leads me to my question:

How does one efficiently obtain the derivatives of a calculated finite-element function when working with DOLFIN from C++?

Thank you very much in advance.