Re: Regression in dolfin_utils

On 05/25/2011 05:01 PM, Martin Sandve Alnæs wrote:
There has been a regression in the feature set of dolfin_utils, and I
cannot see in the bzr log any sign of this being intentional.

If you are referring to the wrapper code generation (which I assume you are), yes, it was heavily refactored in the spring. No features were intentionally removed; however, I did not emphasize keeping features that didn't seem used.

Form names are ignored, numbers being used instead to name classes
"Form_0" instead of "Form_a" etc.

I find the Form_name naming much more useful than Form_0, and that's
why there is form name input in the first place.

This might very well be a bug rather than an intentional removal.

But the names are still used in the typedef generation, so I'm
guessing ffc doesn't use the form name feature at all?

Probably not. All the generated demo form files for DOLFIN were identical before and after the rewrite.

Could you add a test for the case(s) you are interested in?

--
Marie

Martin