Re: [Question #159021]: Assigning initial values to a mixed function space for a nonlinear problem.

Question #159021 on DOLFIN changed:

Douglas Brinkerhoff posted a new comment:
How would one create an expression out of some already known data?  It
seems as though the Expression class is very good for building a
spatially dependent combination of parameters and elementary functions,
but I'm not sure how I could turn some list or array of data into an
expression.  Stated another way:

In my particular application, I'm solving for vertically averaged
velocities within glacial ice (Basically shallow water equations, with
some extra stuff).  There is a 0-order solution which is solely a
function of local geometry, e.g. Surface slope and ice thickness, which
are currently parameterized as coefficients.  This is just a simple
calculation, not a PDE, and it is also stored as coefficients, called u0
and v0.  I want to use this zero order solution as an initial guess for
a non-linear system of equations which yields a first order solution.
Is there a way to package u0 and v0 as an expression, or something like
it, such that it is available to be projected, assigned, or
interpolated?