Re: Python Form

On Wednesday June 1 2011 05:31:35 Anders Logg wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 01:29:20PM +0200, Marie E. Rognes wrote:
> > I'm for some strange reason loooking at dolfin.fem.Form and
> >
> > dolfin.fem.assemble:
> >     The form can be either an FFC form or a precompiled UFC form. If a
> >     precompiled or 'pure' FFC form is given, then coefficients and
> >     function_spaces have to be provided too. The coefficient functions
> >
> > Where and in what cases is the above used?
>
> I think this is something Martin and possibly Kent have requested
> before. It's not used anywhere I know.

They were added so one could use dolfin to assemble a "pure" ufc::form. This
is a nice feature for people who come with their own form compiler, which is
not fully integrated with all the PyDOLFIN magic we have.

The statement:

  "dolfin can assemble any ufc complaint code"

becomes a little more true with that possibility.

Johan