Re: [Ufl] [Branch ~ufl-core/ufl/main] 2 revisions removed

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 10:22:51AM +0100, Garth N. Wells wrote:

> On 17/06/11 10:13, Anders Logg wrote:

> >> Merge is 'bzr merge xxx'. That's a proper merge.

> >> There is no history re-writing. It's just adding changesets. Unique
> >> changeset numbering that bzr does will always be problematic with
> >> distributed version control. If you want a unique identifier, use the
> >> revision id.

> >> It just worked before. It was simpler, and I could work against any
> >> branch, like by personal branch under dolfin-core.
> >
> > I agree it was simpler before, but believe one can still accomplish
> > the same type of workflow (just with different commands).
> >

> For what purpose? I can't see any.

To avoid the "revisions removed" commit and keep history.

Show me an example that doesn't work. If I can't get it to work I'll
agree and just drop this.

Describing a scenario that doesn't work should not take more time than
logging into the Launchpad ftp and changing that flag (again). ;-)