Re: [Ufl] [Branch ~ufl-core/ufl/main] 2 revisions removed

On 06/17/2011 11:28 AM, Anders Logg wrote:
If Garth can't be bothered, maybe you could describe a specific
example that doesn't work?

Everything can be made to work one way or the other, so to say that it "doesn't work" is not my intention.

However, I _seem to remember_ the following scenario from a couple of days ago.

# Have
bzr branch lp:dolfin trunk
bzr branch trunk rognes

# Do work and push to test
cd rognes
<work and commit>
bzr push lp:~dolfin-core/dolfin/rognes

# Wait for buildbots.
# Meanwhile, things happen in dolfin
cd trunk
bzr pull

# Want to check whether things still work in rognes
# after additional stuff has happened in dolfin
cd rognes
bzr merge ../trunk (*)
bzr push lp:̃~dolfin-core/dolfin/rognes

# Now, I've messed things up, because of (*)

# Begin pain, especially since I have already done the above

# What I probably should have done is

bzr branch trunk trunk_1
cd trunk_1
bzr merge ../rognes
bzr push lp:~dolfin-core/dolfin/rognes # Unsure if this works now.

# If that worked, wait for buildbots to go green.

# if: best case: nothing has happened in dolfin:
cd trunk
bzr merge ../trunk_1
bzr push lp:dolfin

# else: average case: something has happened in dolfin (again)
# Repeat over K until convergence:
cd trunk
bzr pull
bzr branch trunk trunk_K