Re: [Branch ~dolfin-core/dolfin/main] Rev 5994: Fix bug in assemble_system (not passing subdomains to Form),

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 08:59:26PM +0200, Marie E. Rognes wrote:
> On 06/30/11 16:24, noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >revno: 5994
> >committer: Martin Sandve Alnæs<martinal@xxxxxxxxx>
> >branch nick: work
> >timestamp: Thu 2011-06-30 16:09:15 +0200
> >message:
> >   Fix bug in assemble_system (not passing subdomains to Form),
> >   and make subdomains handling in Form more robust
> >   (only calling set_foo_domains for the foo_domains that are provided).
> >   Subdomains that are passed as arguments will override those
> >   found in the form.
>
> Martin:  Could you provide an example of the behaviour that you
> wanted to change and what you've changed it to?
>
> I think we should keep as much as possible regarding the logic of
> what overrides what on the C++ side.

In particular in relation to this blueprint which is not yet
implemented as far as I know:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dolfin/+spec/subdomains-in-system-assembler

The logic of subdomains attached to forms, subdomains attached to
meshes and subdomains passed as arguments to the assembler is handled
in Assembler.cpp (we have 3 different ways to specify subdomains...).
I don't think this has yet been added to SystemAssembler.cpp.