Re: Status of parallel I/O

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 07:22:53AM -0400, Garth N. Wells wrote:

> On 24/08/11 03:50, Anders Logg wrote:
> > What is the plan for XMLLocalMeshData (using the DOM interface) vs
> > XMLLocalMeshDataDistributed (using the SAX interface)?
> >

> Both for the time being.
>
> > Reading boundary indicators is currently failing with
> >
> > RuntimeError: *** Error: Inconsistent state in XML reader: 6.
> >
> > Should this be fixed in XMLLocalMeshDataDistributed or is the plan to
> > replace it with XMLLocalMeshData?
> >

> In XMLLocalMeshDataDistributed.

Could you elaborate? The functionality for reading and distributing
boundary markers (in parallel) is currently broken and we want to fix
it. But we need to know more about the design. I don't want to fix
something if you decide to break it 5 min later.

Should we continue to use libxml2? Why not use the DOM parsing all the
way?

What is the difference between XMLLocalMeshData and
XMLLocalMeshDataDistributed etc.