Re: XML I/O

On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 01:29:35PM +0200, Anders Logg wrote:
> There seems to be some inconsistencies in how XML I/O is implemented
> for nested data. For example, output for MeshFunction as part of
> MeshData as part of Mesh is implemented inside XMLMesh.cpp. Shouldn't
> it be implemented as part of MeshFunction so that we redirect from
> XMLMesh.cpp to XMLMeshData.cpp to XMLMeshFunction.cpp?

Correction: XMLMesh.cpp should call XMLMeshFunction.cpp directly and
there should not be a file named XMLMeshData.cpp since MeshData should
always be associated with a Mesh, wherease MeshFunction and
MeshMarkers can be used separately and have their own XML files.

But it still looks like some functionality for XML I/O of MeshFunction
is repeated in XMLMesh.cpp.