Re: Parallel MeshFunction IO

On 20 September 2011 16:37, Johan Hake <johan.hake@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok, sounds promising!
>
> Just to get it straight:
>
>  1) The old MeshFunction file format will not be supported in parallel

Even better - your old file won't work in serial! The MeshFunction
output is flawed (for edges and faces) because the edge and facet
numbering is not specified by the mesh file. Edge and face numbering
is determined by the library that constructs a mesh. The new format
will be the same in serial and parallel.

>  2) To read a MeshFunction from file in parallel I need to convert
>     all my MeshFunctions to MeshValueCollections and store them. Then I use
>     that file to initiate a MeshFunction in parallel?

I'll add something so if you read and old-style MeshFunction, and then
write it to file, it will be written in the new  format.

Garth