Re: Boost MPI

On 21 September 2011 11:06, Johannes Ring <johannr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 11:45 AM, Garth N. Wells <gnw20@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> A while ago, we used some Boost MPI but then removed it because of
>> some older systems lack support. Could we start using it now? I would
>> like to. It would make some parallel things a lot simpler. Would the
>> buildbots need to be updated?
>
> Yes, some of them would need an update. Also, we would no longer be
> able to provide packages for Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, which is by far the
> Ubuntu version with the most downloads from the PPA.

OK, so the decision is whether or not to continue support for 10.04.
Since I don't use 10.04 but I do use MPI, I vote for ditching 10.04
and using Boost MPI. A compromise would be to use Boost MPI, and not
provide parallel support in the 10.04 package.

How do we deal with Swig 2 in 10.04? Or is it not required since the
wrappers have already been generated?

Garth