Re: UFC and CMake

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 8:19 PM, Garth N. Wells <gnw20@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does/should DOLFIN use
>
>  ufc-config.cmake
>
> or
>
>  ufc-1.pc
>
> to find UFC?
>
> It's a bit confusing since we have module
>
>  FindUFC.cmake
>
> which used pkg-config.

Yes, I think we should remove FindUFC.cmake and use ufc-config.cmake
instead. We might then need to set UFC_DIR [1] when building DOLFIN
since UFC no longer will be searched for in PKG_CONFIG_PATH. I also
think we should remove CMAKE_CONFIG_PATH from the find_package call in
CMakeLists.txt. It is not a standard CMake variable and it would be
better to use something like CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH (although not in
CMakeLists.txt).

[1] Actually ufc_DIR, but I suggest we rename ufc-config.cmake to
UFCConfig.cmake such that CMake automatically searches UFC_DIR.

Johannes