Re: Compile error with boost::iostream

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 01:46:55PM -0700, Johan Hake wrote:
> That depends. With a mesh I get some 50% decrease, and dependent on the values
> in a vector I can get much more.

ok, a bit more than I expected but not a factor 10.

> I also found out that when a mesh is saved it is saved with _all_ its computed
> connectivities. This can create rediculous large files. This was why I first
> start looking into this. Not sure this is a feature or a bug. But I guess we
> do not need to store more than the cell connectivities?

I'm not sure. If a mesh has a certain connectivity, then it's likely
that connectivity is needed for something and will be needed again
when you read it back. So it might be worth storing it (since the
computation of it takes some time).

Perhaps you can add a parameter value to choose whether to store the
extra connectivity?