Re: lp:dolfin vs lp:dolfin/1.0.x branches

On Tue, Nov 01, 2011 at 07:55:33AM +0000, Garth N. Wells wrote:

> On 1 Nov 2011, at 03:42, Johan Hake <johan.hake@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Hello!
> >
> > What is the actuall differences between these two brances now. I have
> > something I would like to get into lp:dolfin/1.0.x, but unfortunately I have
> > synced my branch with lp:dolfin.
> >
> > Is there features that are in lp:dolfin which should not be dragged into
> > lp:dolfin/1.0.x? In that case I wont merge my branch with lp:dolfin/1.0.x but
> > rather try to cherry pick the revisions.
> >

> Yes, there is now code in lp:dolfin that should not be merged into 1.0.

As far as I understand, we should never merge trunk into 1.0.x but it
should always (or at least for some time) be safe to merge 1.0.x into
trunk.

So bug fixes should always happen first in 1.0.x and then be merged
into trunk.

I know not everyone agrees with me on this (the append_revisions_only
issue) but I think this will be much cleaner if the merge always
happens *from* the branch that stuff should be merged into.

  cd ../trunk
  bzr merge ../1.0.x
  bzr commit
  # then bzr push lp:dolfin if trunk is not a bound branch