Re: Buildbot trouble

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 10:33 AM, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Some new unit tests are failing on the buildbot. My personal buildbot
> is timing out as usual so I haven't been able to test there.

It is the chapter_1 unit test from the book that is timing out. I
tried to run this on the buildbot now (after running instant-clean)
and it took almost five minutes to complete this test. The buildbot is
set to time out if there is no output for 20 minutes and I would
imagine that the chapter_1 unit test could run for 20 minutes or more
when the buildbot is busy during the nightly builds. In fact, your
buildbot did not time out last night when the force build button was
clicked and the buildbot was less busy.

A possible solution would be to split up the chapter_1 unit test into
smaller tests that can be run from the main unit test script
(test/unit/test.py).

> Something is wrong with the SWIG version, don't know what needs to be
> fixed.

I see that the chapter_10 unit test uses sfc, which again uses
swiginac. I think I will need to rebuild swiginac with the correct
SWIG on some of the buildbots. I will look closer into it.

> And something goes wrong with OpenMP assembly/coloring. It works fine
> here but not on the buildbot.

I don't know about this one.

Johannes