Re: Retargeting of bugs

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 11:33:43PM +0000, Garth N. Wells wrote:

> On 15 Nov 2011, at 23:24, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > When a bug is retargeted from 1.0.x to something else, should we then
> > target it to "trunk" instead of the 1.1 series?
> >

> I think that targeting a series should be preferred. It provides structure to feature planning and bug fixes.

"trunk" can also be selected as a series.

I think of 1.1 as some unknown event in the future, so to me it
just means "not now" which is why I think trunk is more appropriate.

Maybe we could target to 1.1 if we think it should be fixed soon (but
not now) and trunk if we believe it may not happen even in 1.1?

> > We currently don't know when it's time to open the 1.1 series,
>
> When the bugs and features targeted for 1.1 are largely dealt with.

Sounds reasonable, but my feeling is we have no idea what will go into
1.1 now so many things will be targeted to 1.1 and then moved to 1.2.