Re: dolfin:error doc string breaks build

On Wednesday November 16 2011 06:16:12 Garth N. Wells wrote:
> On 16 November 2011 13:13, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> It should be run when a header file is added or a doc string changes.
> >> Adding functions or changing function signatures doesn't require
> >> generate.py to be run.
> >
> > Why not? The function signature will be part of the online
> > documentation and if a new function is added, then the corresponding
> > docstring must be generated.

AFAIK, generate.py only considers changes in docstrings.

Previously we did include the signature in the docstrings, using:

  %feature("autodoc")

As a matter of fact it is still outcommented in dolfin.i. This feature
included information about the signature directly in the docstring. However it
conflicted with some of our typemaps, and it was disabled. However, it was
never dependent on generate.py.

Johan