Re: [Branch ~dolfin-core/dolfin/trunk] Rev 6447: Merge with 1.0 branch. Why doesn't the 1.0 committer do this?

On Sat, Nov 19, 2011 at 01:52:23PM +0000, Garth N. Wells wrote:
> On 19 November 2011 12:30, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Effective development is the number one priority. Buildbots are tool
> >> in this. Just keeping a buildbot green is not the top priority.
> >
> > I think keeping the buildbot green should be top priority, especially
> > now when the top priority, at least for me, is 1.0.
> >

> We're talking about merging *from* the 1.0 branch  into trunk. This
> doesn't affect the 1.0 buildbots.

(My point is that my top priority at the moment is 1.0, merging into
trunk is secondary until after the release, for me.)

We both agree that we should merge often. The question is when, before
or after the 1.0 buildbot is green. Since the merge is from 1.0 to
trunk, the policy could be to merge directly since 1.0 is presumably
more stable than trunk, and testing should always be done on a
personal buildbot before merging into 1.0:

 0. test locally (optional)
 1. test on personal buildbot
 2. merge into 1.0 if green
 2. merge into trunk at the same time