Re: Configure does not stop when UFC is missing

On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 12:04:10PM +0100, Johannes Ring wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 26, 2011 at 9:51 AM, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > It looks like CMake is no longer bailing out when UFC is missing.
> > Did anyone change this recently?
>
> No, it hasn't changed.
>
> > A while back we concluded that CMake should fail when required
> > packages are not found.
>
> Yes, I get the below when UFC isn't available. What do you get?
>
> Johannes
>
> CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:196 (message):
>   Could not find a configuration file for package UFC that is compatible with
>   requested version 2.0.2.
>
>   Set UFC_DIR to the directory containing a CMake configuration file for UFC.

> johannr@simula-x61:build$

I get the same now when I check again after wiping out my build
directory. What I did before was to enter my already existing build
directory and type "make install", which for some reason triggered
CMake configure. Then I get this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named ufc
CMake Warning at dolfin/CMakeLists.txt:222 (message):
  Unable to import UFC.  Install latest UFC or check that PYTHONPATH
  is set
  appropriately.  Python will be disabled.

-- Enabling generation of documentation.
-- Initializing sphinx projects
-- Enabling generation of html-documentation
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to:
-- /home/logg/scratch/src/dolfin/1.0.x-logg/build
Scanning dependencies of target dolfin
[  0%] [  0%] [  1%] Building CXX object
dolfin/CMakeFiles/dolfin.dir/adaptivity/adapt.cpp.o
Building CXX object
dolfin/CMakeFiles/dolfin.dir/adaptivity/AdaptiveNonlinearVar