Re: Changing naming of cpp unit test files

On Wednesday January 11 2012 12:38:52 Anders Logg wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 10:20:55AM +0000, Garth N. Wells wrote:
> > On 11 January 2012 09:47, Johan Hake <johan.hake@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Hello!
> > >

> > > While adding a cpp unit test for Vector, I used the convention we have
> > > started on in the Python layer, where each file in theory should test
> > > the interface of one class. This does not fit with the way we
> > > automatically runn the tests, which more or less assume the name of
> > > the cpp executable is test_XX where XX is the particular sub directory
> > > (la, mesh, aso).
> > >

> > > I suggest we rename all cpp unit test files in the same way as we have
> > > for the Python interface. Then we prefix the executable with test_. My
> > > particular example would then generate an executable with name:
> > > test_Vector. To accomplish this we need to rename all test.cpp to
> > > SomeClass.cpp. The change would then be applied to both branches.
> > >

> > > Any objections?
> >
> > Sounds good.
>
> Agree, but why is it necessary to change this in the 1.0 branch?

To keep the branches in synch when there are changes that does not change
anything in the api.

But I can easily just add my unit test to:

  test/unit/la/cpp/test.cpp

in the stable branch and we are good. However, I think that unit tests are
something we should add in both branches. Changing the structure to facilitate
this process should then also be done in both branches.

Johan