Re: CGAL triangle compilation problems.

On Friday February 3 2012 13:40:27 Garth N. Wells wrote:
> On 3 February 2012 11:35, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Cool!
> >
> > It works fine here.
> >
> > Are there any license issues regarding the CGAL mesh generation library?
>
> No more than we already have with the intersection code which uses
> some of the CGAL QPL'd components.
>
> I'm not a lawyer and I can't find a definitive answer anywhere, but my
> reading of the licences is that it's fine, especially since we don't
> depend on CGAL. The CGAL license basically says that code built using
> CGAL must be made available under an open source license. We're
> complying with this, and if someone using DOLFIN is unwilling to do
> this then they shouldn't enable CGAL.

It actually looks like we need to explicitly ammend something to the GLP
license we use, to be able to use CGAL.

From http://www.cgal.org/license.html:

  The General Public License (GPL) has a viral effect which makes it
  incompatible with the QPL. For more information, please refer to the
  paragraph about the QPL on the licenses web page of the FSF. It is therefore
  not possible to build a program including GPL code and some QPL parts of
  CGAL. In this case, if you are the copyright owner of the GPL code, you can
  amend the license by adding an exception allowing the use of CGAL with it
  (see again the FSF web page).

I couldn't find the refered pages on fsf site, as it only pointed to a dead
link.

Johan