Re: [Branch ~dolfin-core/dolfin/trunk] Rev 6753: Merge work on built-in plotting from lp:~simula-acdc/dolfin/dolfin-plot.

2012/6/28 Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx>

> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 01:51:17PM +0200, Johan Hake wrote:

> instead of

> > >Yes, but isn't that natural?
> >
> > Sure but it is not reflected in the help message. We could have help
> > messages dependent on the VTKPlottableFoo. :)
>
> Yes, that would be nice. :-)
>

> I don't understand this discussion. Vertex labels can be plotted for all
plottable types. The problem is that when plotting e.g. a scalar field in
2D as a warped surface, the labels are placed in a single plane (on the
mesh itself, but it is invisible) rather than on the warped surface. I
think we should fix the label placement or disable labels when plotting
functions.

I also suggest extending the GenericVTKPlottable interface with a keypress
handler and a helptext method, to facilitate plot type dependent user
interaction.

--
Fredrik