Re: Memory leak in plot.cpp?

2012/8/8 Garth N. Wells <gnw20@xxxxxxxxx>:
> The lines:
>
>   VTKPlotter* plotter = new VTKPlotter(t);
>   return plotter;
>
> in the function dolfin::get_plot (dolfin/plot/plot.cpp) look
> suspiciously like a memory leak. Can one of the plot developers
> confirm either way?

Yes, we need a better solution here. The problem is that we have the
interface where one both in cpp and python can do

plot(some_plottable_object)

and the plot window should stay on the screen even if the user doesn't
store the returned pointer to the plotter object. So where should this
object be deleted? And if we return a shared_ptr to the plotter
object, wouldn't it be deleted immediately in this case?

Benjamin