Re: unsigned int -> std::size_t

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 6:22 AM, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 10:32:11AM +0100, Garth N. Wells wrote:
>> We have discussed briefly in the past changing from unsigned int
>> (typedef uint) to std::size_t. Starting to solve some really big
>> problems and some changes in Trilinos make it a good time to bring
>> this up again. Any thoughts or objections to moving to std::size_t
>> from uint?
>
> I think this would be a good idea.

I've started making some unsigned int -> std::size_t changes as I
restructure mesh partitioning.

> I suggest we keep the uint typedef and make it point to size_t.

I think we should use std::size_t and not uint. std::size_t is already
a typedef and it conveys an intention: big enough for the largest
array that can be allocated on a machine.  Also, it's not a question
of unsigned int or std::size_t - there are places for both.

Garth