Re: Fwd: Re: unsigned int -> std::size_t

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 7:43 AM, Johan Hake <hake.dev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Would it be possible to move DofMaps to dolfin/la and make them backend
> specific?

I don't see any real benefit to this and it would make things more complicated.

Having a single index type will not cause any new problems - DOLFIN
has only ever had a single index type. A user has to either pick a
backend to use, or make sure that the backends are configured with
compatible index types. It Tpetera from Trilinos ever takes off, the
Trilinos backend will be trivial because Tepetra takes the index type
as a template argument.

Garth