Re: Buildbot

On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 02:41:21PM +0100, Johannes Ring wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 1:24 PM, Anders Logg <logg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Most buildbots are now green, except for timeouts on the following buildbots:
> >
> > http://fenicsproject.org:8010/builders/dolfin-trunk-full-mpich/builds/176/steps/make%20run_unittests/logs/stdio
> >
> > http://fenicsproject.org:8010/builders/dolfin-trunk-full-precise-i386/builds/248/steps/make%20run_unittests/logs/stdio
> >
> > http://fenicsproject.org:8010/builders/dolfin-trunk-full-squeeze-amd64/builds/289/steps/make%20run_unittests/logs/stdio
> >
> > The timeouts occur when running in parallel the FunctionSpace unit
> > tests (first bot) and for the XMLVector unit tests (last 2 bots).
>
> Actually, when testing this manually on these buildbots, they all fail
> the FunctionSpace unit test with the following output:
>
> $ mpirun -np 3 python FunctionSpace.py
> Process 0: Number of global vertices: 729
> Process 0: Number of global cells: 3072
> Process 0: Number of global vertices: 8
> Process 0: Number of global cells: 6
> Process 0: *** Warning: Mesh is empty, unable to create connectivity 2 --> 3.
> Process 0: *** Warning: Mesh is empty, unable to create entities of dimension 2.
> Process 0: *** Warning: Mesh is empty, unable to create entities of dimension 2.
> Process 0: *** Warning: Mesh is empty, unable to create entities of dimension 2.
> E^Cmpirun: killing job...
>
> However, they all work fine when using SCOTCH instead of ParMETIS
> (parameters["mesh_partitioner"] = "SCOTCH").
>
> Note that none of these buildbots failed the XMLVector unit test. I'm
> not sure why it looks like that in the buildbot stdio output.

Is there a bug report for the FunctionSpace unit test? I can't find it.

> Also note that these three buildbots also fails on
> unit/la/python/LinearOperator.py and unit/mesh/python/BoundaryMesh.py
> (and possibly more). I have reported two different bugs about this,
> but I think they can be merged:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/dolfin/+bug/1083174
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/dolfin/+bug/1084505

Why should they be merged? I might be missing something obvious but
can't see relation between the two.

I've increased the mesh size now in an attempt to get it
running. Looks like ParMETIS is assigning an empty mesh to one of the
processors.

> > Is there a way to view the output from the unit tests other than what
> > is currently printed? We write the output to fail.log but only for
> > tests that actually terminate and produce some output.
>
> I'm not sure. I usually just log in on the failing buildbot and run
> the test manually. Then I report the failure on the list or file a new
> bug.

ok.