Re: DofMap.tabulate_vertex_map

On 01/29/2013 10:00 PM, Pietro Maximoff wrote:
> Hi
>
> Johan, thanks for adding this.
>
> This function is particularly important for me as currently, all my code
> is broken in Fenics 1.1.
>
> I need to be able to associate each component of a 'solution' vector
> with a coordinate value, carry out some processing and store data back
> in exactly the same order in the 'same' or similar solution vector.
>   compute_vertex_values() doesn't give this functionality but
> tabulate_vertex_map() does this!?!

Yes. I will soon rename the method to vertex_to_dof_map, however. Then
it will be:

  vertex_to_dof = V.dofmap().vertex_to_dof_map(mesh)

  # Use num coordinates to work in parallel
  data = np.zero(len(mesh.num_coordinates()))
  data[vertex_to_dof] = u.vector().array()

  # Do stuff on data

  # Put data back
  u.vector().set_local(data[vertex_to_dof])

> How can I get my hands on it? Do I just use dorsal with stable_build set
> to false?

I guess so. Once I have changed the name I will back port it to 1.1. It
might be safer to work with that instead of trunk right now, as trunk is
undergoing heavy development.

I am not sure how to install the latest revision of the lp:dolfin/1.1.x
branch using dorsal. You can get the latest 1.1.x code by:

  bzr branch lp:dolfin/1.1.x dolfin-1.1.x

It might be just to copy the dorsal_configure and dorsal_build scripts
to the dolfin-1.1.x dir and run them, as they should contain all
information required to build and configure dolfin.

Johan